Monday, December 29, 2014

Application 3: Google Drive

Jenifer's Google Drive Doc

I have attached the link to my Google Doc. I created a shopping list and added a few things to my list. Google Drive is a very interesting concept. A fellow team teacher of mine uses Google Drive with her students in her writing class. Her students' write essays in a Google Doc and she is automatically able to read and edit a student's work within seconds. I think this is a break through in educational technology, because not only does it make it fun and inviting to students, but it makes grading a lot easier for teachers like myself. I will definitely consider using Google Drive for more writing assignments, but I do want to see my students using their handwriting too. I have noticed that they prefer typing over handwriting, but their handwriting is lacking in neatness and control. Over 50% of my students do not know how to write in cursive. It is a requirement in my school district, so using Google Doc may not be my best option at the time.

1 comment:

  1. I really like Google Drive, It will make it a lot easier commenting on students progress since we do a lot on the computers in technology class.

    ReplyDelete