Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Life of an English Teacher

What an exciting time! As an English teacher and avid writer, I'm surprised I haven't continued writing a blog. I started my first blog while I was in college, but since then, I haven't typed my thoughts in well over 4 years.


I want to provide a little background to my teaching career.

I am in the process of earning my teaching certification in the state of Texas. I am currently a first year teacher at a charter school and I teach 6th and 7th grade English. I adore my job and every day I walk through the door there is always something new happening. It keeps my job interesting and fun all the time.

I enjoy encouraging my students to think deeper and use their creativity to explore in the English language and literature in a different light. My passion for reading and writing is beyond what most people would consider utterly ridiculous, but it's what I love and I want to share that passion with everyone who comes into my classroom.

I look forward to the next several more months of school. I want to watch my students grow and expand their minds from what I'm able to teach them.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment